Resting and relaxing is one of the best ways to combat a cold. What better way to do that than by using your hot tub? After all, there’s nothing quite like a warm soak to make you feel better when you’re not feeling your best. You’re probably already aware that hot tubs provide many health benefits, but they can be especially helpful when you have a cold. Here’s how a hot tub can benefit your health in times of sickness.
Seven Ways Hot Tubs Can Speed Up Recovery During a Cold
- Hot Tubs Can Help Boost Immunity – Soaking in a hot tub can help give your immune system a much-needed boost when you’re sick. The warm water helps increase blood flow, which allows your body to deliver more white blood cells to the areas of your body that need them most.
- Hot Tubs Promote Blood Circulation – One of the top benefits of using a hot tub when you have a cold is that it can help promote blood circulation. Your body’s circulatory system slows down when you’re sick in an effort to conserve energy. Soaking in a hot tub can help increase blood flow and circulation, reducing some of the cold symptoms and making you feel better overall.
- Hot Tubs Can Relieve Body Aches – A hot tub can be a great way to find relief if you’re dealing with body aches and pains. The water’s warmth helps relax your muscles and ease the pain.
- Hot Tubs Can Help With Congestion and Sore Throat – If you’re struggling with congestion, a hot tub can help clear your sinuses and make it easier to breathe. This also contributes to providing relief from sore throat.
- Hot Tubs Can Help You Sleep Deeper – It can be difficult to sleep soundly when you’re battling a cold. Soaking in a hot tub before bed can help relax both your body and mind, making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night.
- Hot Tubs Can Help Treat Headaches – Many people who suffer from colds also experience headaches. The combination of the heat and the massage jets can help to relieve any tension that you might be experiencing.
- Hot Tubs Provide Much-Needed Stress Relief – One of the benefits of using a hot tub when you’re sick is that it can help relieve stress. When you’re under stress, your immune system is weakened, making you more susceptible to getting sick. Soaking in a hot tub can help reduce stress levels and give your immune system the support it needs to fight off sickness.
Safety Tips For Hot Tub Use When You’re Feeling Sick
If you’re considering using your hot tub to help speed up your recovery from a cold, there are a few safety tips that you should keep in mind.
- It’s important to drink plenty of fluids before and after you soak in the hot tub. This will help prevent dehydration, which can make your cold symptoms worse.
- Make sure the water in your hot tub isn’t too hot. You should feel comfortable and relaxed, not overheated.
- If you start to feel dizzy or lightheaded, get out of the hot tub to cool down.
- Listen to your body, and don’t push yourself too hard. If you’re feeling exhausted, take a break and rest. Soaking in a hot tub is meant to be relaxing, so there’s no need to overdo it.
Consider giving your hot tub a try the next time you have a cold. After all, soaking in warm water can help relieve some of the symptoms you might struggle with. There are surely a lot of health benefits in store for you when you use your spa, so you should take advantage of it. Just be sure to follow the safety tips above and listen to your body to ensure that you’re not pushing yourself too much. A little rest and relaxation in your hot tub can go a long way in helping you feel better fast.
To learn more about how a hot tub can improve your overall health, download our free buyer’s guide.